I’m an award-winning experience designer and researcher. I guide teams through a human-centered approach to creating meaningful products, systems and services. I focus on projects related to mindfulness, mental health and well-being because I am deeply concerned about our culture of distraction in today's attention economy.
- led UX/UI for a mindfulness startup product ($10million+ revenue, millions of meditation sessions)
- UX/UI work for Fortune 500, scrappy startups, hospitals, governments, non-profits + more
- helped establish an internationally-recognized mindfulness conference (500+ attendees/yr)
- published early academic papers on technologies for mindfulness (150+ citations)
- recognized by top-tier press and influencer lists (Forbes, TransTech200, Fast Company, Vice)
- delivered 40+ speaking/teaching engagements with institutions all over North America and Europe
- won both industry and academic awards (TED, UX Awards, ACM)
I’ve been practicing mindfulness for over 10 years, exploring and building a strong daily routine. Regular extended retreats in a wide range of traditions have deepened my practice, including 2 months of intensive training in a monastic setting. Some of my biggest inspirations have been Soryu Forall, Shinzen Young, S.N. Goenka, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Alan Watts, and Thich Nhat Hanh.